Italian seasoning recipe is the ideal mix for all barbecue dishes. It is the perfect blend of herbs and spices that complement marinades, pasta, or other dishes. I love the seasoning and prefer to have it with pizzas or grilled veggies. The best part is that the Italian seasoning recipe is easy and quick to prepare.
Some facts about Italian seasoning recipe
Italian seasoning consists of herbs like oregano and basil. Oregano is rich in antioxidants and helps in aiding digestion. Furthermore, it not only neutralizes radical damage, but oregano also has potent anti-bacterial and anti-cancer properties. Why I love oregano apart from its health benefits is because it is straightforward to add to your diet.
It also consists of marjoram, thyme, and basil. Marjoram is abundant in iron, calcium, and vitamins A and C. Additionally, it has manganese, and vitamin K. Marjoram helps aid digestion and prevents nausea.
Just like marjoram, thyme has high amounts of vitamins A and C, with iron and manganese. Fun fact, it helps you get rid of cold. Basil is good for digestion and has a plethora of skin benefits. It helps in detoxifying the body and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Preparing the spice mix
Preparing the Italian seasoning recipe is very simple. It took longer to write this blog than making the recipe!
- You have to start by carefully measuring all the main ingredients and add them into a bowl. Mix it well enough.
Quick Tip: Do not expose the spices to moisture, because it will make the bacteria grow. It won’t be safe anymore to consume.
- You can store it in an airtight jar, and do not forget to cover it with a lid.
Quick Tip: You can store it for more than six months. Just make sure that you save it in a cool and dry place.
Your Italian seasoning recipe is now ready. I suggest sprinkling it on some grilled meat or veggies!
Have a nice meal!
Italian Seasoning Recipe
- 2 tbsp Oregano (dry)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Marjoram (dry)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Basil (dry)
- 1 tbsp Thyme (dry)
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (dry)
- 1 tbsp Sage (dry)
- Add all ingredients into a bowl, mixt hem well, and store in an airtight container.
- When you want to take some seasoning from the jar with a spoon, make sure it is dry. If it is not dry, it will bring in moisture, and bacteria.
- Do not store it anywhere near heat. The heat will cause it to lose taste quickly, as the flavors will break down.