As a seafood lover myself, the grilled lobster tail is the most amazing and fancy dish I have ever had. The preparation of this recipe is easy and wouldn’t even take much time. It involves cooking a fresh lobster to tender excellence. The elegance of this dish makes you want to make the most out of each bite.
What is so special about the grilled lobster tail?
The grilled lobster tail is an expensive yet delightful dish. Yet, you can prepare it at home in a short span of time, and it will be still as good. The meat of a lobster is tender and sweet. According to a study, the consumption of shellfish meat like lobster will reduce the risk of diabetes and obesity.
Lobster tail is low in fat and high in protein. It is the reason why so many people prefer eating it. Apart from that, the lobster tail is rich in nutrients like zinc, selenium, and sodium. Not only that, but lobster is high in magnesium and phosphorous as well.
The grilled lobster tail is often enjoyed with a variety of toppings. I recommend garnishing it with herbs, garlic and butter. So, let us see how to prepare this exotic dish with utmost ease!
I recommend frozen
For this recipe, you need to purchase frozen lobster tails. Get it from the supermarket or nearest vendor. It is vital to thaw them over the night in the refrigerator. If you are in a rush, you can skip the fridge.
Instead, you can use a pot of cold water for thirty minutes. But, there is no method faster than this method. Do not use hot water or the oven at any costs. Go slow and be patient to achieve the best outcome.
Time to prepare the lobster tails
We will start by preparing the lobster tails, thus, cut down the top of each tail. Now, cut through the flesh of the lobster tail and reach to the bottom. Flatten the tail with your hands, and place a skewer through the meat.
It will prevent the meat from curling up, and let it come in direct contact with the flesh. Furthermore, it adds a smoky flavor to the meat. Brush the tails with olive oil, because it is a preparatory step for the grill.
Also add some butter, minced garlic and fresh chopped parsley in a bowl and microwave it for 15-20 seconds until the butter melts. Stir it properly.
Quick Tip: For making things convenient, purchase the lobsters of the same size. Their rate of cooking will be the same.
It is now time to grill
Now time to take the marinade out and put them to face the heat but let’s do these proceedings for the best outcome.
- Once you have brushed the tails with olive oil, season them with salt and pepper. Now, place the lobster on the grill.
Quick Tip: It is better to go for conventional olive oil rather than virgin olive oil. It is a better alternative for this recipe.
- Start with the flesh side facing down the grill. Let it cook until it is lightly charred. It will take from 5-6 minutes.
- After that, flip the sides. Do not forget to brush the meat with garlic butter mix. Let it grill thoroughly, which will take nearly 5-6 minutes.
- Once it is thoroughly done, it is time to remove the lobster from the grill. To add a dash of spice, sprinkle red pepper flakes. Or you can sprinkle fresh chopped parsley for garnish.
Quick Tip: Do not overcook it, or you might end up ruining the dish.
The dish is now ready. Serve immediately, choose the toppings of your preference. I recommend the lemon wedges.
Have a nice meal!
Grilled Lobster Tail
- 6 Lobster tails
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the lobster tail till the flesh, but not till the bottom of the shell. Use kitchen shears for the perfect cutting.
- Flatten the tails and pierce a skewer through the meat.
- Brush the lobster tails with olive oil. Make sure to season the tail with salt and pepper.
- Put the butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley in a container. Microwave it for 20-30 seconds. Once the butter melts, stir and mix all three.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high temperature
- Put the lobster on the grill with the flesh facing down, and let it cook for five minutes.
- Flip sides, pour garlic butter over the tail and let it cook for another five minutes.
- As it is now ready to serve, you can remove the lobster tail from the grill.
- Choose the toppings of your choice, and serve the dish hot with lemon wedges. You can also use some fresh chopped parsley for extra garnishing purposes.
- Serve the lobster instantly after the process is done. Storing it and using it is not recommended as heating it repeatedly can make the lobster tough.
- You can choose the lobster of your choice, there is no specification. I personally recommend the Maine lobster.